Sat 13
Faversham Town
C Rook (35'), A Miller (68'), D Carrington (75')
1st lose to Faversham Town 3 - 0

1st lose to Faversham Town 3 - 0

By Mark Beard
Share via

A disappointing afternoon

It was an extremely disappointing afternoon for Three Bridges who were well beaten by a much better Faversham side. 3-0 was perhaps a generous score line for Bridges who were on the back foot for the entirety of the 90 minutes. It would have been four or five had the home side taken their chances.

Bridges looked to start of the better of the two sides and it was them who got the first chance of the affair. Connor French picked the ball up on the edge of the box two minutes in he twisted and turned with his feet until he fooled the Faversham defender which allowed him to make space but he blazed his shot over the bar.

Faversham very nearly took the lead inside the first 15 minutes. Liam King who had an excellent game and was eventually voted as Man Of The Match for the home side headed the ball past Dean Gunner and then hit a fierce volley at goal but thankfully for Bridges it flew past the post with Shaw looking well beaten. Bridges should have scored just moments later Lee Hall delivered a corner and Reece Hallard completely unmarked in the box but he couldn’t do enough to turn his effort goal-bound and it was eventually hoofed away by a Faversham defender.

Faversham were beginning to look really dangerous around the half hour mark and they so nearly took the lead 15 minutes before the interval, Daniel Carrington did well to weave his way into the box before volleying across the face of goal, King and Ashley Miller were both scrambling at the far post but couldn’t stretch far enough to tap home.

It wasn’t to be a crucial miss by Faversham as they took the lead just 4 minutes later. Danny Walder looked ready to hit a free-kick from 25 yards but he chipped a neat ball into the area and Carl Rook used his height to stretch for the ball and poke it into the top corner. Miller nearly had a chance to make it two before the break but Dean Gunner slid in to deny.

34 seconds into a second half Faversham should have been 2-0 up. Donvieve Jones whipped a ball across the box it was attacked and looked certain to go in but James Shaw slid in from out of nowhere to make an exceptional save to keep Bridges in the tie. Faversham really looked to be taking control of the tie and it looked like only a matter of time before they took the lead. They almost did when Rook volleyed at goal but Nathan Simpson blocked heroically.

Eventually the second goal did come for Faversham, poor Bridges defending saw Miller slide in an unchallenged king who ran one on one before reaching Shaw and tucking it round him to make it two. It got worse for Bridges just minutes later as King was able to find Carrington on the edge who smashed it into the bottom corner first time.

Bridges were able to see the game out and keep it at three goals.

Bridges next game sees them face league leaders Cray Wanderers at home on Saturday 20th April 2019.

Report by Sam Gadsdon

Share via

Match details

Match date

Sat 13, Apr 2019



Meet time



Mini bus leaving Club at 11:45 am




South East Division

League position

Three Bridges
Faversham Town
Olu Oluwatimilehin

Player of the match

Olu Oluwatimilehin